Malacca Road Trip

05:48

Hi guys! I've been too lazy to blog and I'm back again to share with you on my 2D1N road trip to Malacca before I start on my new job. It was a really impromptu trip! I woke up in the morning to a phone call telling me "go prepare now, we're going to Malacca" and so Malacca here we come! 


It's a 4 hours drive so Bby and Pat took turn to drive. Settled at a few rest stops to eat along the way till we proceed to our hotel. Obviously, due to an impromptu trip we didn't book any hotel, but we did research on some of them before we head out. We drove to Wana Riverside Hotel to check if there's any spare room available and thankfully they did! It was almost dinner time when we reached, so we had a rest first before we head out for our dinner!


(View from our room!)

We walked from our hotel to Jonker street for dinner!! It was about a 15 mins walk? Jonker Street is like a night market!! A small one though. Didn't really took much pictures during this trip so bear with the wordy post and blurry pictures. 



  
Didn't take a picture on this fried squid but it's so damn good!!! I'm definitely eating more of it when I visit Malacca again! 


And this durian puff!!! The person told us to eat it in one mouth and when we did it, we understood why he told us to do so! The puff doesn't allow you to taste the meat of the durian but the taste it so strong. It basically like they blended the durian and pump the juice into the puff. It's finger lickin' good! 





Went to a Peranakan restaurant for our dinner thou, but sadly I wasn't amazed by the taste of the food. Walked the whole of Jonker Street before we head back to our hotel to research and decide on which nightclub we want to go since we aren't familiar with this city. 

Cheers Lounge & KTV (Cheers Club) here we come!! It wasn't a really grand place but still, not too bad to have a drink and chill. Had some fun before we eat again..




Was hungry and I feel like having soup so we went to the stall opposite the club for some Yong Tau Foo! It's really hard to get a cab there since there's no cab in sight and we had to walk further down to a mall to get a cab. We were told by a stranger from KL to be careful of our bags as he was his belongings was almost robbed by some motorist. Such kind souls!

Slept till it's almost time to check out before we start our day. We drove to Dataran Pahlawan Melaka Megamall. Had our A&W lunch there, kinda outdated but it's my first time having it. Didn't really buy anything back since I don't intend to do so. I just wanted to relax before I start work. We bought back some crepes cakes thou! So delicious that I forgotten to take picture.

Saw this really hilarious word spray outside the shop though. I find it really funny. I wonder who did that haha!


Headed back to Singapore after that. Really short trip but I enjoyed myself. Now I can't wait to fly/travel again. Time to save and Bangkok I'm coming for you once more :) In the meanwhile, more short trips before Bangkok! Yay!~



You Might Also Like

0 comments