Penang Trip

06:10

Hey everyone! I'm back to blogging after so many years, don't ask why! Now, let's start it off with a trip I went recently.. and yeap the title says it all. Penang! #malaysiaboleh
So...I didn't sleep the night before I fly so I'm looking like a zombie and feeling extremely grouchy and tired the whole day. 

Penang Day 1: 

Reached the airport early in the morning at 6.30am with Jasmine (together with Edwyn) to check-in with the rest. There's always energy to take an outfit of the day I guess. 


Jasmine had a dream that she lost her luggage but she check-in anyway since we didn't buy any baggage allowance and Yee Ting's the only one that has it so we check-in our baggage together with hers. And apparently Zhong Lin had his baggage lost when we arrived at Penang. But not to worry, he got a call the next day to inform him that the it was found.




We got a 7-seater cab to our hotel (Tune Hotel) before Yee Ting's Aunt's friend (Cheng Cheng) came to pick us. It's a budget hotel and it was really small and I'm not used to it though but its cheap so yeah, gotta make do with it. Anyways, lunch was overwhelming, Yee Ting's Aunt and Uncle ordered so much food! So years of praising from Yee Ting on how nice the food there are, I finally got to try it myself. 





The Penang laksa is different from the one in Singapore, some call it Assam Laksa. It taste sour but still nice. The noodle is thicker than the one we usually eat though. Oh, the chendol is really nice! The rose apple drink (jambu water) taste really refreshing too!



Went to Gurney Plaza and Paragon to walk around before heading over to Yee Ting's Aunt's Salon to relax while they work till it's dinner time. I'm still bloated by what I had during lunch. All the common foods we had in Singapore yet they all taste so different! 





Back to the hotel to shower and everyone went to the Starbucks beside our hotel to chill. It's their routine everyday, but me and Jas was too tired so we went back first. It was one hell of a tiring day. Regretted not sleeping the day before I fly.. Lesson learnt. 

Penang Day 2:

Woke up early and went off for breakfast. I forgotten who requested for prawn noodles so yeah thats what we had. We stopped by some alley that sells coconut drink, the coconuts were freaking huge but it taste damn good! The flesh is really soft and sweet too, yumz!





We sort of went temple hunting, 3 temples in total. 2 thai temple and 1 burmese temple. 
So the first one we went was Wat Chaiyamangalaram Thai Buddhist Temple, there's a really huge sleeping budhha in it. Prayed and went on to the next temple. 


Dhammikarama Temple.
 there's this spinning wheel bowl thing where we throw the coins into it. Each bowl has different words on it such as: Success, Wealth, Marriage, Health, Harmony and more... 


The last temple we went was Wat Buppharam Thai Buddhist Temple. Helped dad to lit up this pineapple candle since he requested it. Prayed and we all took turns to pray to Luang Phor York (Lifting Buddha), it reallys interesting. We were suppose to pray to it and make a wish and ask if the wish can come true, before we lift the Buddha up, you will be able to lift the Buddha up easily if the wish can come true. Then, you have to have to put the Buddha down and ask for the wish again, but this time round, ask the Buddha to not let you lift it up. I'm not sure how true this is but no harm trying! It's interesting as everyone had a different reaction lifting the Buddha up.


Lunch time next, we had Penang Laksa again! Then we went to shop at Queensbay, didn't had much to buy cause I didn't brought much money with me and I don't intend to buy anything back except for some biscuits and snacks. Did foot massage together with Zhong Lin though! Can't remember when's the last time I had one but it feels so good! 



After 3 hours of shopping and massage it's dinner time again! We had our dinner at Prawn Village, Bukit Tambun. All I can say was it's a really sinful dinner! The fresh oyster was so good! We had a record breaking of 50 buns! Mostly eaten by Jasmine and Yee Lin, I wonder how they eat so much buns!! Have you heard of mantis prawns by the way? It looks really sea centipede to me! Everyone seems to enjoy it except for me and Jas. 











Penang Day 3: 

Their char koey teow has a strong taste, yet not oily at all, unlike the ones we had in Singapore. I like Penang char koey teow more though. As for the traditional char siew rice, I like the char siew but not the rice. Felt that it's too dry and hard. Not really my type of rice. 



Apparently, we just stayed in Yee Ting's Aunt's Salon the whole day. I did my hair, it was a really long process. Change of color and now my hair feels so neat and not as messy looking as before. Probably cause its of a darker tone and it makes me look fairer!


We had seafood for dinner again, this time I'm too lazy to take more pictures of the food! Not a fish person, but the fried fish was so good that I ordered it again! The seafood wasn't as good as the ones we had the previous day, I miss the fresh oyster!



Went to Straits Quay to look for some Starbucks but they were full so we took a stroll at the yacht area before heading elsewhere for coffee. 




Settled down at a cafe called China House, really cool cafe with all the drawings on the wall, there's even mahjong papers on the tables for us to doodle on! Although the interior was amazing, the ice chocolate was bad.



That's the only picture I have with everyone in it!

Last day at Penang: 

Heavy breakfast! Didn't take pics of what we had so I took it from Yee Ting's Facebook! Went to pick Chloe up from school before we head over to the salon again! 






Banana pancake which I don't really like, the pancake is different too! Anyway, had my hair washed and blowed at the salon. Feeling va va voom after the blowing and curling! 




Head over to gurney plaza to walk around again, bought some snacks back home. Went over to the sea view opposite gurney plaza for some photo taking. I had really fine hair, so the curls didn't sustain that long especially when the wind keeps blowing!


Went to Straits Quay again, this time in the noon! The sunlight makes everything there looks so beautiful! 



Spot the annoying Zhong Lin!


High tea! The chocolate cake is so chewy it doesn't even taste like a cake!





Went to some small coffee shop for dinner, we had western. The steak is so juicy! Yee Ting's Uncle brought some Penang carrot cake for us to try, its so different! It taste like they boil the carrot cake and fried it together with the sauce and beansprouts only. Its so soft!




After dinner we got to bid goodbye to everyone except for Cheng Cheng cause he drove us to the airport! Yee Ting's Aunt and Uncle has been really generous throughout the whole trip, thank you once again! See you guys again next time in Singapore! 

-----

Never have I miss home so much before! I haven't seen my grandparents for almost 2 weeks as they went overseas to China and I flew off to Penang right after they came back to Singapore. I'm so glad to be home right now, the comfort and the space. Now, it's back to work for another one more week before I fly again! Counting down~ Can't wait!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments