China at its best

01:33

After so many months, I'm finally on a post on my trip during CNY...and yeah, I was few months ago. Just gonna make it short, simple and sweet I hope. There's something wrong with my keyboard so all I can do is type through my phone and edit from my laptop.


Took a midnight flight and arrived early in the morning. Look at the beautiful sun rise, and a land with frozen lakes.


My second trip to China, this time Cangzhou. It was a really tiring morning. Waited for our transport to arrive and head to our hotel to check in. Stayed at Arcadia International Hotel. Stop by the road for some quick grab for our breakfast as its gonna be another 2 hours ride before we reach our hotel. Prata roll with chicken, eggs and some veg? Interesting dish but not really to my liking thou. I don't like thick rolls of food.



A totally different image that i had in my mind before I landed. Cang Zhou buildings are mainly inspired by the European style. It's amazed me. I actually feared that it's gonna be really dirty and will be hard-to-stay in as I've been to a different part of China many years back. They've developed pretty well over the years.



Look at the lake from the view outside our room. The temperature was around 9 if I haven't remember wrongly? We missed the snow. But there's still small amount of them along the roads though. I was freezing throughout my trip.

Waited for Jason and Wife to come and pick us at the hotel before we head out for lunch, I forgotten what's the name of the restaurant but they served food that's very alike to our dish in Singapore. They're really delicious. I love the toast with ice-cream in it the most!





Back to hotel to take a nap till its time for dinner while JL's mom when elsewhere to settle some stuff. 

We had steamboat for dinner! And guess what? I tried beef sashimi, it was awesome! Very thin, frozen-like soft piece of beef dipped in wasabi sauce and it melts in your mouth! Wasn't that daring to try it but JL said that it was damn good so yea, it really was!




So that's the end of my first day. Eat and sleep that's how we roll. Just kidding, we are really tiring from the 'unsleepable' flight.


Day 2

We had our hotel breakfast before heading to JL's office. I swear it was freaking cold, but JL and his mom wasn't feeling as cold as me. I think I just can't withstand the coldness. Such a weakling, I was wearing 4 clothings while they just wear 2. Like whutttt~



JL's mom went to have a meeting with the boss while JL brought me to tour the office and factory. Since they're located at Meng Cun which is a more rural area with more trees than buildings, it is much more colder than in Cang Zhou. My face and ear was feeling the pain from the cold blowing wind. It was an intense battle of me and the wind. I hate the wind so much.






Dogs and sheeps in the factory! Felt like I was in a farm. After JL's mom was done, we headed to the boss place for lunch that he prepared. 






The lamb was cooked perfectly. We got to eat buns they made themselves to pray for their ancestor. Apparently, not everyone gets to eat buns used to pray for their ancestor. It is only for the family and VIP guest of their. Eating the bun also means sharing of wealth with us. 😊 And guess what, the bun has no meat or vegetable. It was just red dates.






Tried green radish, it was so raw that it taste a little spicy, but they actually shredded the radish added sugar and lemon and mixed it together. It taste totally different after. Worst of all, donkey meat. Never thought that I would actually try it but I had no choice. To them, donkey meat is like meat from heaven. And I don't like it at all! It stinks.





Next stop to the sales office. We didn't eat much since the food weren't really to our liking, JL went to buy KFC back hehehe! They have wheat burger bun!





Back to hotel to rest, took a stroll in the cold outside the hotel with JL. Was suffering already but still wanna accompany him since it's not everyday that I get to be here. Took some photos before we go back to our rooms and rest till dinner.





This bun with pork is damn good!!!




Day 3

Had breakfast before we head out to Florentia Village in TianJin which would be at least a 2hours drive. JL and his mom haven't been there yet after so many business trips to China so it was a very special trip for me. Florentia Village is basically some place that sells branded goods at a discounted rate but prices in there and Singapore weren't that much of a difference so I didn't wanna buy anything. We had Macdonald there, and they actually have ice cream in pink! Some peach flavor, taste just alright. Not really a fan of it though.







Pork bun for dinner again because it was so good! Tried some street stall sotong too. Had our fill before we end our night with karaoke session.












That's how our night ended. Stay tune for the next post as im tired and lazy to continue now. :/


You Might Also Like

0 comments