HAPPY BIRTHDAY JL ❤️

09:38

  ❤️ HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVE ❤️  

Surprised him with a ring he always wanted on the plane. Glad he love it. Took me so much trouble to look for one which has his size. Perks of a big hand. 



This cheeky JL got me a deflatable neck rest and an angry looking sleeping mask and when I asked why, he said it looks like me because I'm always angry at him. HAHA! Why are you so cute. 



It's JL's birthday and we spent it at Taiwan. Midnight flight and we were struggling with out lack of sleep. Bought some bites from the airport before we take a bus from the airport to Taipei main station so we can take a train to our hotel at Xi Men Ding. The sushi were damn good! 


We were only able to check in at 3pm so we left out luggage at the lobby and went to have our breakfast and look around for a SIM card before going to Tamsui. Please.. If you were want to get a SIM card in Taiwan, get it from the airport or telco stall else you might never be able to get one. They were all out of stocks at their 7-11 outlets. 




Most of the shops we still close when we reached tamsui so we walked around and snap some photos with the beautiful views while waiting for the stalls to be opened. 




Tried this red bean pancake. They are so damn generous with their red bean paste! The paste was overflowing when we ate it! Played some stall games there and won some small prizes. Doing things like this actually makes us so happy. Wandered around before going back to the hotel at 2+. We literally wasted our afternoon and sleep all the way till 7+. Prepared and head to Raohe night market. 




I love night markets. Food and shopping! Had wild boar sausage, cheese potato, beef cubes cooked by blowing torch, and stinky toufu! Yummy, I miss the beef cubes! Played shooting games too! I'm really amazed by JL's balloon shooting skills! 








Day 2

Yong He Beancurd for breakfast before heading to Shifen. Took a train to Taipei main station, changed to a northbound train towards Ruifang except Keelung. It's damn confusing to me, thank god JL's Chinese is so much better than me. We then took a railway train towards Pingxi and alighted at shifen. Here comes the start of our first sky lantern together. Had so much fun writing all the wishes and blessings on our lantern. 








We rented an electric scooter to go to shifen waterfall. I haven't seen it before so JL brought me there. It was beautiful. Ride around the area before returning it. I tried the scooter and my god, I swear I can't ride at all.






Settled our lunch before heading back to the hotel to rest before we start feasting at the Shilin night market. We bought some salmon sashimi back to the hotel from Taipei main station, it wasn't enough for us obviously hahaha. 



Shilin night market is full of games stalls. I tried this really interesting dish. It's called fried milk LOL! They literally fried frozen milk. Managed to buy a few clothings and a shoe :/ I will never have enough of them. 




Day 3

Had oyster omelette and oyster vermicelli for breakfast. Our location for the day is Wufenpu. It's a wholesale place. But there wasn't much that I get to buy there. Possibly cause they were so similar to clothings sold at night markets and they weren't really my kind of style. We spent almost half the day there though. 





Before heading back to our hotel we saw a temple so went to take a look at it. No harm looking at something different from Singapore.






 





Rest again as we were damn tired from all the walkings. Heading to Gong Guan night market to walk around. We left after awhile as its kinda small and there's nothing much, basically food stalls with really long queues. We didn't want to queue and wait. Headed to Shida night market next. It's near school campus so there's more clothings at cheaper rates. I bought quite a few there. Back to our hotel and we saw the spray painting artist just right beside Ximending station. Bought 3 paintings from him. They were really really amazingly beautiful. I really love them all!!!!! It's our last night here and we were worn out everyday. JL went to buy MOS burger back for supper while I waited in the hotel. We gambled our night away before we sleep at 3+ in the morning.








Last day

Woke up early to buy sun biscuits and pineapple cake before having our breakfast, I had mushroom noodle which were disappointing while JL had braised pork rice which were so nice. :( Went back hotel to have our final pack before checking out. We booked Ding Taxi the night before to fetch us to the hotel at 750NTD. It's like grab taxi which is really affordable. 








Reached airport and decided walk around and have a meal before we board as our flight was delayed.  Went to Bistro:D for late lunch.









Went up the plane and woke up half way in between our flight to JL's question. "WHERE IS THE PAINTING?" Stupid us left it in the bistro cafe. Hahahah! I was so sad and guilty the whole trip back. And thankfully to our friend who went Taiwan after our trip help us get it back from the lost and found counter. So thankful!!!! My painting is back! So many miles away and yet being able to get it back. My Best Buy from Taiwan. Here's how mine looks like, I'm in love. 


Shall end here now, Cheers!
Xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments